Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Second Lead Project: Thank you Mrs. Durrant!!! :)

Name:  Molly Walsh, and I’m doing this project with Gabby
Project Title:  We’ll miss you Mrs. Durrant!!!
Start on: 6-14-11
Finish by: 6-17-11
Milestone dates:
6-15-11:  Make poster and get students to sign it.
6-16-11:  Get Ms. Durrant's going away present ready to go!
6-17-11: Finalize delivery plans.
6-20-11: Deliver the presents!!!

Describe what you see as the end result of your project. What will it look and feel like?  How does your project align with our mission and goals as a class?

            I see me and Gabby surprising Mrs. Durrant with a giant poster signed by all of her students.  I also see her opening up a bag of good-bye presents filled with a ton of goodies.  I want to give Mrs. Durrant a nice going away present.  Since she is a great teacher, I want to say thanks to her for all that she has done at her time at AHS.  I am imaging getting as many freshmen and sophomores (because those are the two classes she has taught) as I can to sign the poster. 

What are the obstacles and or challenges that you are anticipating when working on your project?

I was thinking of when to present the poster and goodies to her, but I am not sure when would be the best time.  I am not sure when would be the best time because I don’t just want to barge into the middle of class with a giant poster and gifts.  I would rather do it at a more appropriate time.  I was thinking of working something out with the students in Science Olympiad and presenting it to her in the morning.  I am just not sure when would be the best time to give it to her.  I see the timing as my main obstacle. 

What are the milestones that you are going to meet?

            For this project I really only have one milestone, and that is presenting the poster and gifts to her.  I plan to do this on Friday.  I really want to make the sign really pretty and colorful.  I also want to get a lot of students to sign it.  I want Mrs. Durrant to know that she’s going to mist and that she has done a lot for the students here at Aviation.

How will you ensure that you reach your project milestones on the dates listed above?  How do you think you will overcome these foreseen obstacles?

            This is one of the last projects I have to do for my freshman year and I am extremely motivated to get this project done and to make it very successful.   I want this project to go really smoothly and for everything to get done on time.  I want to overcome the timing obstacle, so I am going to talk to Gabby and also some people in Science Olympiad to see if it’s possible for me to present the poster and gifts to her.


What materials are you going to need to successfully carry out your project?
            I am going to need colorful paper and plenty of art supplies to be able to make the poster.  I will need many willing students for people to sign.  I am also anticipating giving Mrs. Durrant a wonderful going away present.  I was thinking maybe a nice aviation themed mug, a Starbucks card, and some tea. 
What things are you going to need besides materials to be successful in your project?
            I will need a lot of support from my fellow classmates.  I’ll need them to sign the gigantic poster that I’m making.  I’ll also maybe need some of them to present the poster and gifts with me.
How many people will need to help you in your project?
            I was thinking of presenting Mrs. Durrant her going away gifts sometime when her students are around.  I need people who have had her as a teacher to help me say thank you to her.  There would be people who would sign the giant poster and that would be a big help.  Also, though, I actually need people to be there when I give her the gifts so they can help me say thanks to her.
What is your plan to hold yourself and your group accountable for the success of the project?
            I want to get this project done and I know that not doing it is not an option.  I am often going to check in with my group members and make sure they are involved with the entire process of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment