Monday, June 20, 2011

Post Project Reflection #2--We'll Miss you Mrs. Durrant!!!

Name:  Molly Walsh

Project Name:  Thank you, Mrs. Durrant!

Group Members:  Molly, Gabby, and Tyler helped

Last week, I kept looking for the perfect time to give Mrs. Durrant the poster and goodbye peresent, but I couldn't find the right occasion.  I decided to wait until today, Monday, to give it to her.  I thought that since she taught me science, I would give everything to her during fourth period science class today. 

By the time science rolled around, I was not sure when would be the best time to give Mrs. Durrant her going away gifts.  Luckily, one of my friends raised their hands and told her that I had an announcement.  Whether I liked it or not, it was the time to give Mrs. Durrant her present and poster. Actually it turned out that she really loved everything and was really appreciative, which made me really glad that I did this project.  

When doing this project, I did see that there may be some obstacles that I would have to overcome.  For example, I was looking for the right time to give Mrs. Durrant everything.  I found that every moment I could think of had problems.  I didn't just want to barge into the middle of one of her classes and give her the poster.  I wanted to present everything to her at an appropriate time.  That time turned out to be in the middle of scinece class.  Gladly, though everything turned out amazing!!!

The poster that I made and got lots of freshmen and sophomores to sign turned out really pretty and Mrs. Durrant LOVED it.  She also really liked the Starbucks card, the chocolate, and the aviation themed coffee mug (to remind her of her time at AHS) that she got.   She really appreciated everything and really liked her poster and her goodies!!!

I want to maybe plan ahead a bit more and make sure that I schedule out a perfect time to complete my project.  Just because my project went really, really well this time doesn't mean I can stop planning.

I thought is was great that I took initiative and made Mrs. Durrant a huge poster and presents.  Also, I'm glad I got other people to sign it, so Mrs. Durrant will know she will be missed.  Something I want to improve on though, maybe is just being able to get up and not having to have anyone make an introduction for me.  It worked out that my friend was able to help me this time. In the future, though, there may not be anyone around to help.

Gabby and I worked together to make the poster and get it signed, which was not an easy feat.  We wanted it filled with signatures and that meant getting a lot of people to sign it.  We took it around to different people, and in the end the poster looked really good.  We really wanted to thank Mrs. Durrant for all of the great work she had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment